Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Perspective on Some Old Products

Ok, so if you guys have been following my blog, you know that I'm trying to find something to use besides my shealoe butter because it makes my scalp hurt/itch.  I've been using EVOO as a sealant, and it works really well, but I need something to moisturize my scalp.

I know a lot of people are against using things like Blue Magic or those old products with the "bad" ingredients, but I've been reading around on blogs and things and I've decided to try some of that.  That being said, if it hurts my scalp/doesn't work like I want it to, then I'll find a different product.  I just remember when my hair was relaxed, it was one of the only things that would make me stop itching and soothe my scalp.



Also, I've heard people say that it can clog your pores and make your hair not grow, but when I was relaxed, my hair grew really well, and I used Blue Magic all the time.  I think that in my opinion, I just need to use what works for my hair, and not worry what other people are using for their hair.  I know that sounds kind of obvious, but a lot of naturals I know and a lot of natural blogs that I follow tout everything natural, which is fine, but I think I'll try this and see what I think.

I don't use a lot of it at all because like a lot of people remember, it can be horrid when it's sunny outside.  If I use too much, it'll just make my hair a greasy mess, so I definitely will use it in strict moderation, but I'm going to try it and see how I like it.  My mom just found some that has coconut oil in it too, so she bought a regular one and one with coconut oil in it, and I'll see which one I like better.

I'm just ready not to have an irritated scalp anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment