Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hair Update: Keeping Hair Moisturized

Ok, guys!  Remember how in an earlier post I talked about how my hair kept getting really dry and I couldn't keep it moisturized in this Texas heat?

Well I tried Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Giovanni Deeper Moisture Smooth as Silk Conditioner and I LOVED them if you recall (I still do).

Here is my new routine:  Before bed, I shower and rinse my hair out really well with just water.  After that I squeeze all of the excess water out of my hair, so it's still wet, but I don't dry it with a towel.  Then, I take 3 pumps of the Giovanni Direct Leave-in (I bought the liter-sized bottle with a pump on it) and distribute it throughout my hair.  Then, I take some of my shealoe butter (I blended it myself, it's just 100% natural unrefined shea butter + 100% pure aloe vera juice) and distribute it throughout my hair on top of the Giovanni.  After that I put on my silk sleeping cap and go about getting ready for bed.  In the morning I just spray water on my hair (I used to use a water+glycerin mix, but I figured out that in this heat it just takes all the moisture out of my hair instead of putting any back in) and fluff it out into a WnG sort of style.

As for washing my hair with shampoo, I usually try to do that like once a week so that my hair doesn't dry out.  When I co-wash - which is what I do when I want to clean my hair, but not strip it - I use the Giovanni Deeper Moisture Smooth as Silk Conditioner. I usually don't do it that often, but when I do, it works pretty well.  I think as a co-wash, I prefer Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner, but I'll use the Giovanni until I run out because it works just fine.

1 comments:

Glycerin said...

Chemicals Direct purchases only vegetable based USP glycerin. We repackage 55 gallon containers of glycerin in house in multiple container sizes to meet market needs and it get your product to you at the lowest cost. Common applications are Soap Making, Peristaltic Pump Lubricant,Non-Food Contact Antifreeze Solutions, Synthetic Ice Rinks Formulations, Arts Crafts, Personal Care, Cosmetic Use, etc.

Post a Comment