Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shealoe Butter Troubles

Ok, so many of you already know what shealoe butter is, but for those of you who don't know, it's just 100% raw unrefined shea butter mixed with 100% aloe vera juice/gel.  Mine was made with aloe vera juice.  I just put the two together in a tupperware and whipped them with a hand blender.

Well anyway, I think I'm allergic to it.  It makes my scalp flake a lot and I had a lot of tender spots on my scalp as well that were itchy, but they hurt too much to scratch.  Anyway, I stopped using it two days ago and those tender spots have already almost all faded.

I seem to remember when I first started my hair journey I did well with just cowashing.  It really kept my hair and scalp moisturized for most of the day and it was really good.  After my hair grew a little longer, I started using shea butter - which kinda weighed my hair down and made parts of my scalp a little itchy, but I didn't really think anything of it.  I think that mixing it with the aloe vera juice made it worse for my scalp.

Soooo I think I'll probably stop using the shea butter.  I just need to find another sealer so I can keep the moisture in my hair.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shea is a tree nut so keep an eye out for other reactions to tree nuts. I can't use it and if it's a lip balm in a high enough quantity my lips will tingle.

Anonymous said...

castor oil and castor oil are good for moisture. good luck

Post a Comment